Translation?

Monday 22 August 2011

Walkabout at the Queen's Savill



Today I enjoyed the floral scents of one of the Queen's gardens. Close to Windsor Castle, the Savill blossoms throughout the year, geared to each season.









"Gardening is not a rational act" -Margaret Atwood
"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous" -Aristotle
"All gardening is a landscape painting" -William Kent
"Show me your garden, and I will tell you what you are" -Alfred Austin
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" -John Keats

Swampy ponds, tinkling streams and springs, and charismatic fountains guided me through the gardens.





















During the month of August, sculptures of various materials such as scrap metal sprinkled the grassy carpets and even some of the trees.
Hanging Monkeys


The Eagle
The Owl...Love those eyes..



My favorite spot was the Queen's Jubilee.

"Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul" -the Koran
Followed closely by the royal beds...
William's Rose
And I did find the Hidden Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment