Translation?

Thursday 18 August 2011

Beach Bums...& Shamu

Some music to enjoy, courtesy of Café Del Mar.

    The first beach I remember walking was in Brighton, England. I recall smooth, cold pebbles, a smoky mist atop the waves, and while wearing a long red winter coat I thought, "this isn't quite what I had in mind."
Since, I have visited coastlines of Florida, Texas, and California, as well as Ireland, France, and most recently, Spain.

Barcelonetta



And these...were exactly what my 6-year-old self imagined.


Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza


Platja d'en Bassa, Ibiza
She was thrilled to see the water..

I felt like I needed a friend to explore the waves with me, and thus, Shamu joined our crew. Eloise and Nav watched, amusedly, as I took our newfound pet for her first venture into the sea.










The wise Dora



Luckily, after watching Finding Nemo many a time, I could speak a little whale, and Shamu and I could understand each other.



Photo Courtesy of the lovely Nav



One of the highly populated tourist spots, for good reason, is the Café Del Mar, where we had been advised (by the terrific couchsurfer, Amin, who had in fact by a shrug of his shoulders and a dreamy nostalgic expression, set this specific adventure rolling in the first place)
to sit,
have a drink,
and watch the sunset.


I was a bit skeptical, but Nav (another fellow couchsurfer...am I sensing a trend?) persisted, and soon enough, the breathtaking view stunned us into appreciative silence.

Then applause.

Soon after the sun had set, the seats emptied, and we were allowed our solitary thoughts for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment