Translation?

Sunday 10 April 2011

UK/IRE Couchsurfing

A few years ago I was using Stumbleupon (don't click on that unless you have a few hours) and found a lifechanging site. couchsurfing.org.  I've used it sporadically since as college life kept me from travelling often. However, since arriving in the UK, I've began to use it religiously. Here are several people who added some sugar to the spice of my travels in the UK and Ireland this spring:

See what I mean?





Dublin. First, Chris and Karen. They hosted like champions. Introduced us to Pancake Day, entertained us with stories of horror and delight, and ate candy like...well...like cavities were their friends.

Newcastle track by the beach






Greystones. Alex is a busquer, a photographer, half italian, and farmer. We explored several small towns together, took many pictures, and attended "Pimps n Gimps" at the Harbour Bar in Bray.











In Dalkey, Ireland

Soul-searching...always :)






London. Adibah, from Singapore, was a friend at first sight. Or first wake up call (haha). She went with me to see Kate Nash in Shepherd's Bush, and didn't want the night to end! We giggled, exchanged embarrassing and traumatizing stories about Vietnam and the States, and met a new friend, 'Mecca' in Soho.

Kate Nash, guitarists Emma & Carmen


















More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment